To install solidity on windows ensure that you are using windows 10, as only windows 10 provides built-in Linux Subsystem. With the help of this feature, we can run the Ubuntu terminal on the Windows machine. Below are the steps to setup Solidity on windows:
Step 1: Open control panel on your system and toggle to Windows Subsystem for Linux under Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off.
Step 2: After your system restarts install “Ubuntu LTS 18.04” from Microsoft store and after installation set it up.
Step 3: After setting up Bash install and check necessary dependencies like cURL, Node version manager(NVM), NodeJS and Node Packet Manager(NPM) using the following commands:
- Installing cURL :
sudo apt-get install curl
- Installing NVM:
curl -o-https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.33.0/install.sh | bash
- Installing NodeJS and NPM:
nvm install node
- After installing the dependencies, install and check solidity compiler solc by using following code:
npm install -g solc
- Solidity - Types
- Solidity - Functions
- What are Events in Solidity?
- Solidity - Inheritance
- Solidity - Polymorphism
- Solidity - View and Pure Functions
- Solidity - Encapsulation
- Solidity - Abstract Contract
- Solidity - While, Do-While, and For Loop
- Solidity - Break and Continue Statements
- Solidity - Variables
- Solidity - Error Handling
- Steps to Execute Solidity Smart Contract using Remix IDE
- Solidity - Arrays
- Solidity - Enums and Structs
- Solidity - Libraries
- Introduction to Solidity
- Solidity - Constructors
- Solidity - Decision Making Statements
- Solidity - Operators
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.