How to Install Scala IDE For Eclipse?
In this tutorial, we’ll look at how to set up the Eclipse IDE for Scala. This tutorial is for those who are new to Scala.
Requirement for Installation
- Eclipse (Install link) if you don’t know how to install Eclipse then refer to this article.
- JDK 11 (you may use JDK 6 onwards)
Note: If you do not have JDK installed, you may get them from this link.
Installing Scala IDE for Eclipse:
Follow the below steps to install Scala IDE for Eclipse
Step 1: Open the eclipse and click on the “Help” and select “Install New Software”
Step 2: Now click the “Add” button to add the new repository.
Step 3: Add Scala IDE update site, You can use the most recent Scala update site
Step 4: Select Scala IDE for Eclipse to download it, you can choose which Scala IDE you want to download
Step 5: After installation, the system will ask you to restart the Eclipse.
Testing Scala Installation in Eclipse IDE:
Using the Eclipse IDE, we will create a simple Hello World program in Scala.
- Open the Eclipse, click on the menu and click on the “New” ->Scala project.
- Give the name to your project.
- Create a new Scala Object, File -> New -> Scala Object
- Give your Scala application a name and then click Finish to create the file.
- Add code that prints Hello World