Prerequisite: Python Language Introduction
Before we start with how to install pip for Python on Windows, let’s first go through the basic introduction to Python. Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages/libraries written in Python. These files are stored in a large “on-line repository” termed as Python Package Index (PyPI).
pip uses PyPI as the default source for packages and their dependencies. So whenever you type:
pip install package_name
pip will look for that package on PyPI and if found, it will download and install the package on your local system.
Download and Install pip:
pip can be downloaded and installed using command-line by going through the following steps:
- Download the get-pip.py file and store it in the same directory as python is installed.
- Change the current path of the directory in the command line to the path of the directory where the above file exists.
- Run the command given below:
and wait through the installation process.
- Voila! pip is now installed on your system.
Verification of the Installation process:
One can easily verify if the pip has been installed correctly by performing a version check on the same. Just go to the command line and execute the following command:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to install PIP in Linux?
- Download and install pip Latest Version
- How to install pip in macOS ?
- Python PIP
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- How to install Python on Windows?
- How to install Anaconda on windows?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to Install Oracle Database 11g on Windows?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- Convert Python Code to a Software to Install on Windows Using Inno Setup Compiler
- How to Install SQLObject package on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install CMake for Windows in Python?
- Python - Install Paramiko on Windows and Linux
- How to install Anaconda on Linux?
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.