Prerequisite: Python Language Introduction
Before we start with how to install pip for Python on Linux, let’s first go through the basic introduction to Python. Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages/libraries written in Python. These files are stored in a large “on-line repository” termed as Python Package Index (PyPI).
pip uses PyPI as the default source for packages and their dependencies. So whenever you type:
pip install package_name
pip will look for that package on PyPI and if found, it will download and install the package on your local system.
Download and Install pip:
pip can be downloaded and installed using the terminal in Linux by going through the following command:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip python-dev
Beginning the installation:
- Getting Started:
- Providing Disk Space:
- Downloading Libraries:
- Unpacking File bundles:
- Finishing up the Installation:
Verification of the Installation process:
One can easily verify if the pip has been installed correctly by performing a version check on the same. Just go to the command-line and execute the following command:
- How to install Anaconda on Linux?
- How to install Python on Linux?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Linux?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Linux?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Linux?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Linux
- How to install pip in macOS ?
- How to install PIP on Windows ?
- How to install Anaconda on windows?
- How to install Selenium in Python
- How to install Python on Windows?
- How to Install Oracle Database 11g on Windows?
- How to install Librosa Library in Python
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- Download and install pip Latest Version
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.