Prerequisite: Python Language Introduction
MySQL is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) whereas the structured Query Language (SQL) is the language used for handling the RDBMS using commands i.e Creating, Inserting, Updating and Deleting the data from the databases.
A connector is employed when we have to use MySQL with other programming languages. The work of mysql-connector is to provide access to MySQL Driver to the required language. Thus, it generates a connection between the programming language and the MySQL Server.
To install Python-mysql-connector module, one must have Python and PIP, preinstalled on their system. To check if your system already contains Python, go through the following instructions:
Open the Command line(search for cmd in the Run dialog( + R).
Now run the following command:
If Python is already installed, it will generate a message with the Python version available.
If Python is not present, go through How to install Python on Windows and Linux? and follow the instructions provided.
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages/libraries written in Python. These files are stored in a large “on-line repository” termed as Python Package Index (PyPI).
To check if PIP is already installed on your system, just go to the command line and execute the following command:
mysql-connector method can be installed on Windows with the use of following command:
pip install mysql-connector-python
mysql-connector method can be installed on Linux with the use of following command:
pip3 install mysql-connector
- Connect MySQL database using MySQL-Connector Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Install Python package using Jupyter Notebook
- Humanize Package in Python
- Create and Access a Python Package
- Python - Database Manager (dbm) package
- Python | Plotting Google Map using gmplot package
- Python | Plotting Google Map using folium package
- What is the difference between Python's Module, Package and Library?
- Python | Plotting Data on Google Map using pygmaps package
- How to install Python on Linux?
- How to install Selenium in Python
- How to install Python on Windows?
- NetworkX : Python software package for study of complex networks
- Python | Adding markers to volcano locations using folium package
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Linux?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- How to install Librosa Library in Python
- How to install Python Pycharm on Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.