CMake is a cross-platform free and open-source software tool for managing the build process of software using a compiler-independent method. It supports directory hierarchies and applications that depend on multiple libraries.
Installation of CMake
CMake in Python can be easily installed with the use of pip package management tool provided by python. Just use the following command for the Installation process:
pip install cmake
Setting up Environment Variable
Step 1: Open https://cmake.org/ and click on Downloads
Step 2: Download the Zip file of CMake.
Step 3: Extract the file and copy the bin file path.
Step 4: Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System
Under Advanced System Setting option click on Environment Variables as shown below:
Step 6: Now, we have to alter the “Path” variable under System variables so that it also contains the path to the CMake environment. Select the “Path” variable and click on the Edit button as shown below:
Step 7: We will see a list of different paths, click on the New button, and then add the path where CMake was installed and then click OK.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- How to install Python on Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- Convert Python Code to a Software to Install on Windows Using Inno Setup Compiler
- Python - Install Paramiko on Windows and Linux
- How to install PIP on Windows ?
- How to install Anaconda on windows?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to Install Oracle Database 11g on Windows?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install SQLObject package on Windows and Linux?
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Android
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on macOS / Mac OS X
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.