Apache is an open source web server software created and maintained by Apache software foundation. Since it an open source so it is free to use. It is a web server used for one or more HTTP based websites. It is widely used by web hosting companies to provide shared and virtual hosting.
Steps to install the Apache server:
- Make Superuser: Open terminal and use following command to make yourself superuser.
- Update Ubuntu package: Use the following command to update the Ubuntu package list.
sudo apt update
- Install Apache: After installing the Ubuntu package list, use the following command to install apache server.
sudo apt install apache2
- After completion of the installation process, the Apache server automatically start. The status of the Apache server can be checked by using the following command.
sudo systemctl status apache2
- Open the browser and type localhost or 127.0.0.1 on the address bar. It will display the default page of the Apache server.