In android development, we need an android device to run the application. So, developers of Android Studio provide an option to install android virtual device to run it. In this article, we will learn how to install Android Virtual Device (AVD).
Follow the below steps to install Android Virtual Device.
Step 1: Go to Tools > AVD Manager.
Step 2: Now click on Create Virtual Device.
Step 3: A pop-up window will be there and here we select the category Phone because we are creating android app for mobile and select the model of mobile phone we want to install.
Step 4: Here we select the android version to download like Q, Pie, Oreo etc and click Next button.
Step 5: Click the finish button to complete the installation.
Step 6: Now we can select the virtual device we want to run as emulator can click on the run icon.
Step 7: Finally our virtual device is ready to run our android app.
- Android Architecture
- Android UI Layouts
- Android Menus
- Android RelativeLayout in Kotlin
- Android Fade In/Out in Kotlin
- Android EditText in Kotlin
- Introduction to Android Development
- Android FrameLayout in Kotlin
- Android LinearLayout in Kotlin
- Android ListView in Kotlin
- Android Toast in Kotlin
- Android Slipe Up/Down in Kotlin
- Android TableLayout in Kotlin
- Android Project folder Structure
- How to create project in Android Studio using Kotlin
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.