In android development, we need an android device to run the application. So, developers of Android Studio provide an option to install android virtual device to run it. In this article, we will learn how to install Android Virtual Device (AVD).
Follow the below steps to install Android Virtual Device.
Step 1: Go to Tools > AVD Manager.
Step 2: Now click on Create Virtual Device.
Step 3: A pop-up window will be there and here we select the category Phone because we are creating android app for mobile and select the model of mobile phone we want to install.
Step 4: Here we select the android version to download like Q, Pie, Oreo etc and click Next button.
Step 5: Click the finish button to complete the installation.
Step 6: Now we can select the virtual device we want to run as emulator can click on the run icon.
Step 7: Finally our virtual device is ready to run our android app.
- How to implement Swipe Down to Refresh in Android using Android Studio
- Bottom Navigation Bar in Android
- How to create project in Android Studio using Kotlin
- Android Architecture
- Introduction to Android Development
- Android EditText in Kotlin
- Android Project folder Structure
- Android LinearLayout in Kotlin
- Android RelativeLayout in Kotlin
- Android ListView in Kotlin
- Android FrameLayout in Kotlin
- Android TableLayout in Kotlin
- Android Menus
- Android UI Layouts
- Android Toast in Kotlin
- Android Fade In/Out in Kotlin
- Android Slide Up/Down in Kotlin
- Android Animations in Kotlin
- Android progress notifications in Kotlin
- Kotlin Android Tutorial
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.