Prerequisite: Introduction to C#
C# is a general-purpose, modern and object-oriented programming language pronounced as “C sharp”. It was developed by Microsoft led by Anders Hejlsberg and his team within the .Net initiative and was approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO). C# is among the languages for Common Language Infrastructure and the current version of C# is version 8.0. C# is a lot similar to Java syntactically and is easy for the users who have knowledge of C, C++ or Java.
Steps for Installation and Setup of Visual Studio for C#
Step 1: First, there is a need to download Visual Studio, all the versions of the same are available on visualstudio.microsoft.com
Step 2: After downloading the Visual Studio Installer, select the .NET desktop development option and then click on Install.
Step 3: Now let the Visual Studio Installer download the packages and perform the installation
Step 4: After the installation is over, begin with the Visual Studio by Signing In to your Microsoft account or Create one! now. You can also proceed without Signing In by clicking on the Not now, maybe later option.
Step 5: Choose your color theme and then click on Start Visual Studio button.
Step 6: Begin with using the Visual Studio, select the Create a new project option and begin with setting up the environment for C#.
Step 7: Select the Console App(.NET Core) option for C# and then click on the Next button.
Step 8: Configure your new project by assigning a name and location to store the project files, then click on the Create button.
Step 9: Now begin with writing sample code and then run the code by clicking on the Run button
- How to Install and Setup Visual Studio for ASP.NET?
- Introduction to Visual Studio
- Clear the Console and the Environment in R Studio
- Creation and Execution of R File in R Studio
- JS++ | How to install JS++ on different Operating Systems
- Learn C++ Programming Step by Step - A 20 Day Curriculum!
- C# Program to Convert a Binary String to an Integer
- Basics of FileStream in C#
- Learn Java on Your Own in 20 Days - Free!
- C# Program for Nested Conditional Operator
- C# Program for Converting Hexadecimal String to Integer
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- Program to Input Weekday Number and Print the Weekday in C#
- What is NuGet?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.