Synaptic Package Manager is a GUI based package management tool that uses APT (Advanced Package Tool) to installing, updating or removing packages from the Linux system. Some of the feature given by Synaptic Package Manager are:
- Allow installing, updating or removing packages
- Upgrading whole system
- Searching and filtering the list of packages available with APT
- Fixing broken package dependencies
- Force the installation of a specifc package version
Installing Synaptic Package Manager
Step 1: To install Synaptic Package Manager, open terminal on your system and enter a command.
$ sudo apt install synaptic
Enter the password, press “Y” and enter.
Step 2: Once the installation completes, you can open the GUI window by typing.
$ sudo synaptic
Installing Packages using Synaptic Package Manager
Step 1: Search for the required packages in the search bar placed at the top.
Step 2: When you click on the search icon a window will appear, type the name of the package you need.
Step 3: Mark the packages you need from the search list.
and press Apply button on the top bar.
- Get to know Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Welcome Bionic Beaver!!
- Interesting Facts about Ubuntu
- How to setup cron jobs in Ubuntu
- How to Install Linux on Windows PowerShell Subsystem?
- Creating custom domain name instead of localhost in Ubuntu
- Creating and Configuring Wi-Fi Hotspot in Ubuntu
- How to change login screen background in Ubuntu
- install command in Linux with examples
- Configuring and Accessing Google Drive Account in Ubuntu
- How to Install Katoolin on Linux Mint?
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- How to speed up the downloading of packages using apt-fast in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- Configuring Face Unlock in Ubuntu | Howdy
- Installing and Configure vim Plugin in Ubuntu
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.