In this article, the animation that makes the items slide from the bottom is added in the recycler view. Here we don`t use any other library to add the animation. Adding animations make the application attractive and give a better user experience.
Step 1: Create “anim” resource directory.
Right-click on res folder and follow path
res -> new -> Android Resource Directory
From the Resource type, choose “anim” and don’t change Directory name then press ok.
Step 2: Create an Animation file.
Right-click on “anim” directory and create a new Animation Resource File.
anim -> new -> Animation Resource File -> create “slide_from_bottom” xml file.
Add the below code in slide_from_bottom.xml file. Here the animation is defined.
Step 3: Create one more animation file to hold “slide_from_bottom.xml”
anim -> new -> Animation Resource File -> create “layout_animation_slide_from_bottom” xml file
Add the below code in the XML file that is just created. Here, animation slide_from_buttom is added that is defined in the previous step.
Step 4:(Final) Call that animation in Your RecyclerView. In the tag layoutAnimation, add layout_animation_slide_from_bottom.xml. Now while displaying the list items in recycler view, the items will add with the animation that is carried by the layout_animation_slide_from_bottom.xml and defined in slide_from_bottom.xml.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How to add Slide animation between activities in android?
- Android | RecyclerView
- Android | Horizontal RecyclerView with Examples
- How to add Bullet list in a RecyclerView in Android?
- How to populate RecyclerView with Firebase data using FirebaseUI in Android Studio
- How to create a nested RecyclerView in Android
- How to Create RecyclerView with Multiple ViewType in Android?
- How to add TextSwitcher with animation in Android using Java
- How to make Heart Fill animation in Android
- How to add fading TextView animation in Android
- How to add Lottie Animation in an Android app
- BubbleEmitter animation in Android with Examples
- Create an Instagram/Twitter Heart Like Animation in Android
- Bounce Animation in Android
- Bottom Navigation Bar in Android
- Modal Bottom Sheet in Android with Examples
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Android | Android Application File Structure
- Android | AdMob Interstitial Ads for Android Studio
- Android | How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.