Arrays in PHP is a type of data structure that allows us to store multiple elements of similar data type under a single variable thereby saving us the effort of creating a different variable for every data. The arrays are helpful to create a list of elements of similar types, which can be accessed using their index or key.
There are two methods to insert an item at the beginning of an array which are discussed below:
Using array_merge() Function: The array_merge() function is used to merge two or more arrays into a single array. This function is used to merge the elements or values of two or more arrays together into a single array.
- Create an array containing array elements.
- Create another array containing one element which needs to insert at the beginning of another array.
- Use array_merge() function to merge both arrays to create a single array.
Array (  => GeeksforGeeks  => Computer  => Science  => Portal  => Welcome )
Using array_unshift() function: The array_unshift() function is used to add on or more elements at the beginning of the array.
Array (  => Welcome  => GeeksforGeeks  => Computer  => Science  => Portal )
Array (  => Welcome [p] => GeeksforGeeks [q] => Computer [r] => Science [s] => Portal )
- PHP program to add item at the beginning of associative array
- Program to Insert new item in array on any position in PHP
- How to remove white spaces only beginning/end of a string using PHP ?
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-2) | Grid System
- PHP | DOMNamedNodeMap item() function
- PHP | DOMNodeList item() Function
- How to delete an item or object from the array using ng-click ?
- PHP | Ds\Deque insert() Function
- Insert string at specified position in PHP
- PHP | Ds\Sequence insert() Function
- PHP | Ds\Vector insert() Function
- How to make the cursor to hand when a user hovers over a list item using CSS?
- HTML | DOM item() Method
- HTMLCollection item() Method
- CSSStyleDeclaration item() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.