How to Insert a PDF File in MS Excel?
Every day in business or any other field lots of information are there that are required to store for future use. For anyone, it is very difficult to remember that information for a long time. Earlier data and information are stored in a form of a registrar, file, or by paperwork but finding it may be difficult for us. It takes a lot of time. To resolve this issue Microsoft brings a software called MS Excel.
Microsoft Excel is a software that allows users to store or analyze the data in a proper systematic manner. It uses spreadsheets to organize numbers and data with formulas and functions. MS Excel has a collection of columns and rows that form a table. Generally, alphabetical letters are assigned to columns, and numbers are usually assigned to rows. The point where a column and a row meet is called a cell. Generally, it is used to keep records, data in various fields of business.
Features of MS Excel
- Auto calculate- This helps you to calculate a group of data and it automatically shows the result in the status area. You can also create your own formulas.
- Shared- You can share your data file over a network.
- Templates- It gives us a variety of elegantly designed templates for your home or business purpose.
- Excel Charts- Excel charts help to convey your information in a very easy way. If you choose charts wisely and formatting them cleanly, you can deliver a lot of information to them.
- Conditional Formatting- It helps users to focus quickly on important topics of data or to highlighted errors and to identify important patterns in data.
- Sorting and Filtering- It is used to sort or filter data according to your need. You can also reorder the data. It saves your time a lot.
- Toolbars- It has a Collection of buttons that provide one-click access to commonly used commands such as Save, undo, and many more.
- Ribbon- It has commands and controls organized tasks in Tabs and groups.
Steps to insert a PDF File in MS Excel
Step 1: On the navigation menu bar click on the Insert option.
Step 2: Select the Object option as shown in the figure:
Step 3: A Object dialog box will pop up on the screen where you can select the different file formats of your file.
Step 4: Now click on the Create New option as shown in the figure:
Step 5: Select the appropriate format of your file (PowerPoint, Word document, PDF, etc.) from the menu.
Note: If Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF reader is installed on your system, its name will be displayed in the options as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 6: Select “Adobe Acrobat Document” option from the menu.
Step 7: On the right side click on the display as icon checkbox as shown in the figure:
Step 8: If you want to change the icon of your Pdf then click on the Change icon option.
Step 9: Now select the icon from the menu as shown in the figure:
Step 10: If you want to change the name of your file then enter the new file name in the Caption section.
Step 11: Next Click on the OK button.
Step 12: Again click on the OK button.
Step 13: A Open dialog box will pop up on the screen where you can select your PDF file.
Step 14: Now select the storage drive from the left panel menu where you have to save your file.
Step 15: Select the PDF File to insert.
Step 16: Click on the Open button.
Finally, PDF File is inserted into the document.
Step 17: To resize it drag the highlighted button and adjust the size as per your need as shown in the figure:
In this way, you can insert a PDF/Word file in MS Excel.