How to indicate text is important in HTML ?
In this article, we will know how to indicates the important text or mark texts as important in HTML. There are several HTML elements that are used for defining text with a special meaning. There are several formatting elements in HTML, some of them are <strong>, <b>, <i>, <em>, <mark>, <small>, <sup>, <sub>, <ins>, <del>.These are the parsed tag that are used to display the importance of the text.
- <strong>: The <strong> tag is the parsed tag and is used to show the importance of the text that makes the text bold.
- <b>: It is used to specifies the bold text without any extra importance
- <i>: It is used to display the content in italic style.
- <em>: It is a phrase tag and is used to emphasize the text content.
- <mark>: It is used to define the marked text.
- <small>: It is used to set small font size.
- <sup>: It is used to describes the text as a superscript text.
- <sub>: It is used to write text below the baseline of the text in a smaller font.
- <ins>: It is used to specify a block of inserted text.
- <del>: It stands for delete and is used to mark a portion of text which has been deleted from the document.
We will utilize the above tags to make the important text & also understand their implementation in HTML.
Example: This example illustrates the use of the various HTML tags for making the text as important.
- Google Chrome 94.0
- Firefox 93.0
- Microsoft Edge 94.0
- IE 11.0
- Safari 15.0
- Opera 80.0