If your theme does not offer the capability to include a search box in your WordPress website, then follow the steps to find out how you can do it:
- Goto your dashboard and click on Plugins button.
- Goto the Add New plugin section and search for Ivory Search (by Ivory Search).
- Click on Install Now and then Activate them.
- A new Ivory Search tab appears on your dashboard on the left.
The Includes section allows you to include all that you want your users to search. For example, you can only allow users to search for products in an e-commerce website or you can also enable him/her to search for certain pages or attachments.
The Excludes section allows you to exclude what you want to hide from user’s search. For instance, if you’ve enabled the user to search for pages but you want to exlude certain pages from search result, that you can do it in exclude section.
In the same way, you can also explore Customize, AJAX and Options sections to customize your search bar.
When you are working in the Ivory Search form, hover to Settings option (on the left panel of the dashboard under Ivory Search), to set the location of search box. This can either be in the header or footer or the horizontal menu, etc. The options available in Menu Search section are theme specific.
In the Settings section, you can set how your search box will look like. Following are the styles provided in Ivory Search form:
- Making your WordPress Website More Secure
- How to enable customers to know if your wordpress website delivers at their pincode or not?
- How to make a website using WordPress (Part - 1)
- How to make a website using WordPress (Part – 2)
- How to Launch a WordPress Website using Amazon EC2 Server ?
- Step by Step guide to Write your own WordPress Template
- Step by step guide to make your first Wordpress Plugin
- Ways To Reduce The Loading Time Of Your Website | Set 2
- 8 Ways to Shipwreck Your Next Website Design
- Introduction to HTML CSS | Learn to Design your First Website in Just 1 Week
- How to Remove Unused CSS From Your Website ?
- How to create custom arrows for your website using HTML and CSS?
- WordPress | Introduction
- How to backup WordPress database ?
- How to perform wordpress security auditing?
- Difference between Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress
- WordPress Themes And Plugins
- Difference between Bootstrap and Wordpress
- 11 Effective Ways For Hardening WordPress
- Difference Between Magento and WordPress
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.