Often it has been a problem of hosting a local server for more than one system. For Professionals, it is easy to host on AWS on any other service but for the students who are new and are in search of an alternative to host a local server on the internet to be used on more than one computer, here is the answer.
When a local server is hosted on any system it is restricted only to that system on a specified port exp, localhost:8080, localhost:5000, etc. This local server cannot be used on any other system unless and until it is hosted on a global platform. Students find it difficult to showcase the project to the authorities on multiple systems. So to solve this problem we will be using a software called ngrok.
- Go to https://ngrok.com/download
- Download the Software named ngrok.
- After extracting the zip file, open the ngrok.exe file, The window like this will be opened.
- Now host your specified project locally on your system.
- In my case, I am running the project on port 5000.
- Here is the HTML Code of the following project.
- Now type the following command on ngrok window.
ngrok http <port-no>
- In my case, the command is : ngrok http 5000.
- Now, your project is hosted globally on the created link like below.
Output: On the generated link, the output can be seen.
Note: The project session hosted expires after 8 hours.