Selenium’s Python Module is built to perform automated testing with Python. Alerts are a way to show popups in the browser for either accepting data or displaying data. Selenium provides methods to handle alerts of all kinds.
class selenium.webdriver.common.alert.Alert(driver) handles all alerts in Selenium Python. It contains methods for dismissing, accepting, inputting, and getting text from alert prompts. The two major tasks in alerts are accepting an alert or dismissing a alert.
Selenium provides two methods for the same –
The major methods during handling of alerts in Selenium include –
- accept() – Accepts the alert available.
- dismiss() – Dismisses the alert available.
- send_keys(keysToSend) – Send Keys to the Alert.
- text – Gets the text of the Alert.
How to operate on an alert prompt using Selenium Python ?
Terminal Output –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to handle Frames/iFrames in Selenium with Python
- Python | Get email alert when the website is up
- How to send SMS alert using Python and MSG91 API
- Handle mouse events in Python - OpenCV
- How to handle invalid arguments with argparse in Python?
- How to handle a Python Exception in a List Comprehension?
- ML | Handle Missing Data with Simple Imputer
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Selenium Base Mini Project Using Python
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Why do people prefer Selenium with Python?
- Python | Automate Google Search using Selenium
- How to install Selenium in Python
- Selenium Python Basics
- Python - Opening links using Selenium
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.