How to Group and Ungroup Pivot Chart Data Items in Excel?
A pivot chart is the visual representation of a pivot table in Excel. Pivot charts and pivot tables are connected with each other. Pivot chart are much more flexible than normal chart because Pivot Chart is linked to a PivotTable. Filters, sorts, and data rearrangements applied to Pivot Table are reflected on the chart.
Steps to create Pivot chart :
Follow the below steps to create a Pivot chart:
- Select the table to create the pivot chart.
- Inside Insert tab, click Pivot chart.
- A dialog box will appear, select the table and the cell where you want the table and chart.
- Both Pivot chart and Table will be created, but no field is selected.
- Select the fields, you want in the chart.
- Chart will be formed.
To Group data in the Chart:
Follow the below steps to group data in the Chart:
- Select the rows or columns from the table, you want to group.
- Right-click and press group.
- The data will be grouped and the chart will show those rows together along with the Group name.
To Ungroup data in the Chart :
Follow the below steps to ungroup data in the chart:
- Select the group name.
- Right-click and press Ungroup.
- The data items in both the table and chart will be ungrouped.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. If you are an Excel beginner (or an intermediate) and want to learn Excel, Geeksforgeeks brings the perfect course for you to start, Diving Into Excel