In order to get the location of an element relative to the document, jQuery offset() method is used. The offset() method is an inbuilt method in jQuery which is used to set or returns the offset coordinates of the selected element. We can also use the jQuery position() method. The position() method is an inbuilt method in jQuery which is used to find the position of the first matched element relative to its parent element in the DOM tree.
Below examples illustrate the above approach:
- How to get relative click coordinates on the target element using JQuery?
- How to remove parent element except its child element using jQuery ?
- JQuery | Get the n-th level parent of an element
- How to set position relative to top of a canvas circle using Fabric.js ?
- How to position relative to top of a text canvas using Fabric.js ?
- How to set position relative to left of a canvas circle using Fabric.js ?
- jQuery | :parent Selector
- jQuery | parent > child Selector
- jQuery | parent() & parents() with Examples
- jQuery | parent descendant Selector
- How to convert an HTML element or document into image ?
- jQuery | position() with Examples
- jQuery UI | position() Method
- What is the difference between position() and offset() in jQuery ?
- How to find the parent class name with known class in jQuery ?
- Retrieve the position (X,Y) of an element using HTML
- jQuery | Move an element into another element