In PHP we can associate name/label with each array elements using => symbol. This is very helpful as it is easy to remember the element because each element is represented by the label rather than the index value.
Using array_keys() function: The array_keys() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to return either all the keys of an array or the subset of the keys.
array array_keys( $input_array, $search_value, $strict )
Program 1: Program to get numeric index of associative array using array_keys() function.
Example 2: Below program uses index to access the values in associative array.
- How to access an associative array by integer index in PHP?
- Multidimensional Associative Array in PHP
- How to remove a key and its value from an associative array in PHP ?
- How to loop through an associative array and get the key in PHP?
- How to check an array is associative or sequential in PHP?
- Convert an object to associative array in PHP
- Iterate associative array using foreach loop in PHP
- PHP program to add item at the beginning of associative array
- Associative Arrays in PHP
- How to re-index an array in PHP?
- Find the index of an array element in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.