Given full path, find file name in the path.
Input : path = /testweb/var/www/mywebsite/htdocs/home.php
Output : home.php
Input : path = /testweb/var/www/mywebsite/htdocs/abc.txt
Output : abc.txt
1. Using basename():
$filename = basename(path, suffix);
Path is a required field. It specifies the path to check.
Suffix is a optional field. It specifies a file extension. If the filename has this file extension, the file extension will not show.
2. Using pathinfo():
Also we can use the function pathinfo() which creates an array with the parts of the path we want to use.
$filename = pathinfo(path);
when we want to access the file name we will use $filename[‘basename’].
- Routing Path for ExpressJS
- Download file from URL using PHP
- robots.txt File
- Saving a file in Git
- How to delete a file using PHP ?
- How to include one CSS file in another?
- PHP | Uploading File
- PHP | php.ini File Configuration
- How to copy a file from one directory to another using PHP ?
- What is the best way to include CSS file? Why use @import?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai