The task is to get the file input by selected filename without the path using jQuery. To select the file we will use HTML <input type=”file”>. After that we will get the file name by using the jQuery change() method. This method is used in the JQuery to get the file input by selected file name. And the HTML <input type=”file”> is used to specify the file select field and add a button to choose a file for upload to the form.
Below examples illustrates the approach:
Example 1: In this example we will display the file name with the extension by using the change() method and the file will be selected by the HTML <input type=”file”>.
Example 2: In this example we will display the filename with the extension through an alert, by using the change() method and the file will be selected by the HTML <input type=”file”>.
- How to reset selected file with input tag file type in Angular 9?
- How to get the input file size in jQuery ?
- How to get file name from a path in PHP?
- How to set a value to an input file using HTML ?
- How to check the given path is file or directory in node.js ?
- jQuery | :file Selector
- HTML | <input type="file">
- How to fire an event on file select using jQuery ?
- jQuery | :selected Selector
- How to get all selected checkboxes in an array using jQuery ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.