Use variable name as a string to get the variable name. There are many ways to solve this problem some of them are discussed below:
Method 1: Using $GLOBALS: It is used to reference all variables available in global scope. It is an associative array which contains the reference of all variables which are currently defined in the global scope.
Example: This example uses $GLOBAL reference to get the variable name as a string.
Method 2: Using $$ Operator: The $$var_name is known as reference variable where $var_name is a normal variable. The $$var_name used to refer to the variable with the name as value of the variable $var_name.
Example: This example uses $$ operator to get the variable name as a string.
- How to call PHP function from string stored in a Variable
- PHP | Check if a variable is a function
- PHP | Unset Session Variable
- How to declare a global variable in PHP?
- How to get cookies from curl into a variable in PHP ?
- How to get the value of System Property and Environment Variable in Java?
- Perl | Displaying Variable Values with a Debugger
- Introduction of Variable Length Subnet Mask (VLSM)
- How to wait for a promise to finish before returning the variable of a function?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.