Method 1: Using Math.random() function: The Math.random() function is used to return a floating-point pseudo-random number between range [0,1) , 0 (inclusive) and 1 (exclusive). This random number can then be scaled according to the desired range.
Example 1: This example generate an integer random number between 1(min) and 5(max).
Random Number between 1 and 5: 1.0573617826058959
Example 2: This example generate random integer number between 1(min) and 100(max).
Random Number between 1 and 100: 87
Example 3: This example generate random whole number between 1(min) and 10(max) both inclusive.
Random Number between 1 and 10: 3
- PHP program to Generate the random number in the given range (min, max)
- Program to generate random string in PHP
- How to generate a random, unique, alphanumeric string in PHP
- Generating Random String Using PHP
- How to generate a drop down list of timezone using PHP ?
- How to generate an XML file dynamically using PHP?
- How to Generate fake data using Faker module in Node.js ?
- How to get random value out of an array in PHP?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.