Bootstrap provides several built-in features to the users. This makes development faster and smoother. However, in some cases, external CSS and jQuery has to be implemented to the web page’s coding in order to give it a personalized touch. Usually, the Bootstrap grid is used to divide the web-page into 12 equal columns. These columns can be grouped together to create wider columns. The columns are responsive in nature. This means that the columns will cover the whole screen on big screens, but will stack on top of each other on small screen devices.
When the webpage is divided into two equal columns, and the content inside the columns starts to overflow, the columns become scrollable. However, by doing some small modifications, the columns can be fixed. This article will demonstrate how to keep one column fixed, and the other column scrollable.
- To fixed the column make not scrollable.
<div class="col-sm-6 col-2 fixed-top one">
- To make the column scrollable.
<div class="col-sm-6 offset-sm-6 two">
Below example illustrates the above approach:
Example: You can run the code by hitting the run button so you can see the right column is scrollable but left is not.
- How to put two columns one below other in sidebar in Bootstrap ?
- How to make horizontal scrollable in a bootstrap row?
- How to make vertical scrollable rows in bootstrap?
- How to design Responsive card-deck with fixed width in Bootstrap ?
- Making a div vertically scrollable using CSS
- Make a div horizontally scrollable using CSS
- How to set one column control over height in Bootstrap ?
- Linear Equations in One Variable - Solving Equations which have Linear Expressions on one Side and Numbers on the other Side | Class 8 Maths
- How to create five equal columns in Bootstrap ?
- How to use Bootstrap to align labels with content into 4 columns ?
- How to keep gap between columns using Bootstrap?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- How to place two bootstrap cards next to each other ?
- How to put items underneath each other flex box in Bootstrap 4 ?
- How to place two input box next to each other using Bootstrap 4 ?
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Join two text columns into a single column in Pandas
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.