How to Find Your IP Address?
A computer network uses two types of IP addresses:
1. Public IP / External IP: A Public IP is an IP address that your residence or company router receives from your ISP. It is an IP address that is used to communicate outside the local network.
2. Private IP / Internal IP: A Private IP address is useful for connecting devices within that same network, Every device within that same network has a unique private IP address.
Finding Public IP using Browser
Below are some useful websites that can identify your public IP address. You can browse these websites on your mobile or computer to have them display the internet address:
- My IP
Steps to find IP on Windows:
1. Click Start or click in the search box and type cmd.
2. Click on the Command Prompt. In the Windows cmd type ipconfig and press enter.
- You can find your IP Address after ipconfig command output as respectively.
- If you’re connected to the internet by an Ethernet, then the IP Address will appear in the Ethernet adapter Ethernet Section.
- If you’re connected through Wi-Fi to the internet, then the IP Address will appear in the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi section.
- If you’re connected to both networks simultaneously, then both IP addresses are displayed.
Steps to find IP on Linux
1. Open Linux Terminal or use (Ctrl+Alt+T).
2. Click on the Terminal, and type ifconfig and press Enter.
- The IP Address in Linux Terminal is listed next to the eth0 name as shown below.
Steps to find IP Address on MacOS
- Open the Apple Menu.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Network Pane.
- Look for IP Address listed under Status Section.
Please Login to comment...