How to find the square root of 80?
Number System is a method of representing Numbers on the Number Line with the help of a set of Symbols and rules. These symbols range from 0-9 and are termed digits. Number System is used to perform mathematical computations ranging from great scientific calculations to calculations like counting the number of Toys for a Kid or Number chocolates remaining in the box.
The Square root of a number is that value which when multiplied by itself will give its original number. The square root is represented with the symbol √ called as radical or radix followed by the number which is called radicand i.e., √x.
Attention reader! All those who say programming isn't for kids, just haven't met the right mentors yet. Join the Demo Class for First Step to Coding Course, specifically designed for students of class 8 to 12.
The students will get to learn more about the world of programming in these free classes which will definitely help them in making a wise career choice in the future.
√4 = 2
√9 = 3
√16 = 4
√25 = 5
How to find the square root of 80
There are multiple ways to find the square root of 80, the square root of 80 (√80), or any other number can be found with the help of the following three methods,
- Estimation and Approximation
- Prime Factorization
- Long Division Method
Estimation and Approximation :
The number S is expressed as a * 102n in scientific notation and √S ≈ 6 * 10n , if a >= 10
√80 ≈ 6, with an absolute error of 2.9
- Step 1: Find the prime factors of 80.
80 = (2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5)
- Step 2: Pair similar factors.
√80 = √((2 × 2) × (2 × 2) × 5)
√80 = 2 × 2 × √(5)
√80 = 4√5 ≈ 8.94
Long Division Method:
- Step 1: Try to make pairs of 2 digits. From right to left before the decimal point and left to right after decimal points.
- Step 2: Find a number n, such that when multiplied by itself given a number, which is less than or equal to 80. Here, n is 8 as 8 * 8 gives 64. Dividing 80 by 8, we get the quotient as 8 and the remainder as 16.
- Step 3: Drop the next pair down. Here, next is 00 and put it after the remainder of the previous operation which gives us 1600 as a new dividend.
- Step 4: Double the divisor of previous operations, i.e n which gives us 16, and find the largest possible digit(X) such that the quotient for which the product of 16X and X results in a value less than or equal to 1600.
- Step 5: Divide and write the remainder.
- Step 6: Repeat this process according to a given precision