In this article, the task is to extract images from PDF in Python. We will extract the images from PDF files and save them using PyMuPDF library. First, we would have to install the PyMuPDF library using Pillow.
pip install PyMuPDF Pillow
PyMuPDF is used to access PDF files. To extract images from PDF file, we need to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Import necessary libraries
- Specify the path of the file from which you want to extract images and open it
- Iterate through all the pages of PDF and get all images objects present on every page
- Use getImageList() method to get all image objects as a list of tuples
- To get the image in bytes and along with the additional information about the image, use extractImage()
Note: To download the PDF file click here.
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.