A Java class file is a compiled java file. It is compiled by the Java compiler into bytecode to be executed by the Java Virtual Machine.
1. To compile your .java files, open Terminal (Mac) or Command Prompt (Windows).
2. Navigate to the folder your java file is at.
3. To compile, type
4. After hitting enter, .class files will appear in the same folder for each .java file.
5. To run the class file, it must have a main method,
6. The result will be displayed in the Terminal or Command Prompt.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.