In this article, we are going to see several examples of how to drop rows from the dataframe based on certain conditions applied on a column.
Pandas provide data analysts a way to delete and filter data frame using
dataframe.drop() method. We can use this method to drop such rows that do not satisfy the given conditions.
Let’s create a Pandas dataframe.
Example 1 : Delete rows based on condition on a column.
Example 2 : Delete rows based on multiple conditions on a column.
Example 3 : Delete rows based on multiple conditions on different columns.
- Drop rows from the dataframe based on certain condition applied on a column
- How to Drop Rows with NaN Values in Pandas DataFrame?
- Drop rows from Pandas dataframe with missing values or NaN in columns
- How to select rows from a dataframe based on column values ?
- Python | Delete rows/columns from DataFrame using Pandas.drop()
- How to drop rows in Pandas DataFrame by index labels?
- Drop a list of rows from a Pandas DataFrame
- Selecting rows in pandas DataFrame based on conditions
- Python - Extract ith column values from jth column values
- How to Drop Columns with NaN Values in Pandas DataFrame?
- Find maximum values & position in columns and rows of a Dataframe in Pandas
- Sort rows or columns in Pandas Dataframe based on values
- Get minimum values in rows or columns with their index position in Pandas-Dataframe
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Create a Pandas DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- Get unique values from a column in Pandas DataFrame
- Get n-smallest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
- Get n-largest values from a particular column in Pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.