Java is one of the most popular and widely used programming languages. It has been one of the most popular programming languages for many years. In this article, we will see how to download and install Java on a 64-bit architecture machine.
The following steps can be followed in order to download and install java. All the steps are described below has been performed on the Windows 10 operating system, but the procedure is quite similar to other operating systems as well.
- Step 1: Open https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-downloads.html url in the browser and it will navigate to the official Orcale Java downloads page.
- Step 2: Now, scroll to the version of the Java which we want to download and click on JDK Download option as shown below:
- Step 3: Scroll down to the page and click on the download button option suitable for your computer Operating system. But for a 64-bit machine, choose the software name ending with x64.
After clicking on the download button, a popup will appear which says that we have to accept Oracle Technology Network License Agreement for Oracle Java SE in order to download this software. Therefore, click on the checkbox and then proceed to download as shown below:
- Step 4: We will now be navigated to Oracle Login page. We need to login to the account. As soon we log in, our download will start instantly as shown below:
- Step 5: After the downloading procedure is complete, we need to run the installer. Once Java installation wizard opens, click on the Next button as shown below:
- Step 6: Again click on the Next button if we wish to install Java development kit in the default directory(encircled with green color), or we can change this directory by clicking on Change button.
- Step 7: The installation will begin as shown below:
- Step 8: Now, it will ask for the installation directory for JRE(Java Runtime Environment). Again we can continue with the default directory or change it accordingly.
- Step 9: The Java installation will be successfully completed as shown below:
- Step 10: Finally, we can click on the Close button after the confirmation window appears that the Java is installed.
After installing Java, we can set it up using the steps mentioned in this article.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Download web page using Java
- How to download a CSV file in PHP that is triggered through a URL ?
- Guide to Install and Set up Android Studio
- How to install the previous version of node.js and npm ?
- How to Install and Configure Elasticsearch on Ubuntu ?
- How to Install R Studio on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install Ruby on Rails on Windows and Linux?
- install command in Linux with examples
- How to enable PHP's openssl extension to install Composer ?
- How to Install php-curl in Ubuntu ?
- Step by Step guide to install Intellij Idea
- What is the meaning of --save for NPM install ?
- How to install php70-gd on Ubuntu ?
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Stack Area
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning(ML) Transforming Endpoint Security?
- How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Global Industries in 2020?
- Difference Between Machine Language and Assembly Language
- Difference Between Data mining and Machine learning
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.