Languages property is available for the navigator interface, which returns the most preferred / user preferred language set in the web browser. This property is read-only.
navigator.languages // Or navigator.language
- The navigator.languages property will return an array which stores the languages in an order in which language most preferred by the user will be the first element.
- The navigator.language property will return the first element of the array which is returned by the navigator.languages property i.e. the most preferred user language.
Note: Language property is a read-only property, thus it is only possible for us to get the value, we cannot make changes to the user preferred language.
Example 1: Getting the most preferred language.
Example 2: Getting the preferred language array.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- How to detect Browser Language in PHP?
- How to detect HTML 5 is supported or not in the browser ?
- How to open a PDF files in web browser using PHP?
- How to give a div tag 100% height of the browser window using CSS
- How to jump to top of browser page using jQuery?
- How to get the size of screen, current web page and browser window using jQuery?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.