Global variables refer to any variable that is defined outside of the function. Global variables can be accessed from any part of the script i.e. inside and outside of the function. So, a global variable can be declared just like other variable but it must be declared outside of function definition.
$variable_name = data;
Below programs illustrate how to declare global variable.
Accessing global variable inside function: The ways to access the global variable inside functions are:
- Using global keyword
- Using array GLOBALS[var_name]: It stores all global variables in an array called $GLOBALS[var_name]. Var_name is the name of the variable. This array is also accessible from within functions and can be used to perform operations on global variables directly.
- How to declare and access pointer variable in Golang?
- declare command in Linux with Examples
- What is GAV (Global as View)?
- What are the AngularJs Global API?
- Global keyword in Python
- Node.js | Global Objects
- What is the Python Global Interpreter Lock (GIL)
- How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Global Industries in 2020?
- Why overriding both the global new operator and the class-specific operator is not ambiguous?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.