Buttons are the most important user interface component for any website. It is very important to design the buttons in a creatively unique way. The text-reveal effect for a button is used when it is used to reveal some offer or exciting content for enhancing the user experience.
Approach: The approach is to cover the button with a strip of the same dimension as of button and then moving it to anyone direction on mouse-hover.
HTML Code: The following code snippet implements the creation of a button.
- Step 1: Apply some basic styling to button like adding padding and border-radius to have rounded corners.
- Step 2: Now use the before selector to create a strip of same dimension to cover the whole button.
- Step 3: Now use hover selector to move the strip to any one direction as it is moved to the left in the example.
Note: You can move strip to any direction according to your need. Also you can use some other properties to tweak the effect according to you.
Complete Code: It is the combination of the above two sections of code.
- How to create text-reveal effect using HTML and CSS ?
- How to Create Liquid Filing Effect on Text using HTML and CSS ?
- How to Create Loading Blur Text Animation Effect using HTML and CSS ?
- Create a 3D Text Effect using HTML and CSS
- How to Create Engraved Text Effect using HTML and CSS ?
- Create a Gradient Text Effect using HTML and CSS
- How to create multilayered text effect using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create Embossed Text Effect using CSS ?
- How To Create Carved Text Effect using CSS?
- How to Create Jumping Text 3D Animation Effect using CSS ?
- How to Create Text Changing Animation Effect using CSS ?
- How to create long shadow of text without using text-shadow in HTML and CSS ?
- How to create Glowing Star effect using HTML and CSS?
- How to create shock wave or explosion effect using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create Skewed Background with hover effect using HTML and CSS?
- How to create paper corner fold effect on hover by using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create an Effect to Change Button Color using HTML and CSS ?
- How to Create Animated Navigation Bar with Hover Effect using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create followspot effect using HTML CSS and jQuery ?
- How to Create Floating Box Effect using HTML and CSS ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.