How to Create Tab Groups on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome has introduced the Tab Groups feature for all users from Jan 2021 (version 88 onwards), which was earlier an experimental feature in its beta channel. Most of the time when working on any problem or researching any topic, we find lots of tabs open in our chrome window. At times we are working on multiple such tasks and the number of tabs open can become a huge number. However, this feature from chrome will help you manage your tabs and help you work on the task at hand more smoothly.
To begin with, ensure the chrome is updated to the latest version.
Creating a Tab Group
Follow the below steps to create a Tab Group:
- Right-click on a tab
- Click on Add Tab to New Group
- Give a name to the group or just leave it blank.
- You may choose a colour if you want.
Editing Tab Group Details
Follow the below steps to edit the Tab Group:
- Right-click on the group name or the coloured circle next to the tab group.
- Edit the details ie. the Name or the group colour
Collapse /Expand Tab Group
- Simply clicking on the Group Name or the coloured circle will expand or collapse the tab group.
Reorder Tabs in a Group
Follow the below steps to reorder tabs in a group:
- To move a tab within a group, click and hold the tab and drag it to the desired position.
- To move an entire Tab Group, click and hold the group name or the coloured circle and drag it to the desired position.
Add/Remove Tabs from a Tab Group
To alter a Tab group by adding or removing tabs follow the below steps:
- Drag a tab into/out of a group to add/remove it from the tab group.
- Right-click and click on Add to Group and then select the desired group.
- To remove a tab from a group, right-click on it and select Remove from Group.
Move a group to a new window
- Click and hold the group name or the coloured circle and drag it downwards (out of a window) to create a new chrome window of the tabs contained within a tab group.
Close a Group
Follow the below steps to close a Tab Group:
- Right-click on the group name or the coloured circle and click on Close Group, this will close all the tabs present in the group.
- Similarly, clicking on Ungroup will remove the group but not close the tabs.
Refer: Google Chrome Blog
Please Login to comment...