Drive partitioning is very important in windows 10 to utilize your space more efficiently. Windows allows its users to create disk partitions as per their requirements with the use of the Disk Management Service provided by Windows.
Steps to create partition are as follows:
Step 1: On your search bar search for this pc. Right click on it and tap manage.
Step 2: Now click on disc management button under storage option.
Now if at the time of installing windows to your computer you have assigned the entire space to the C: drive then you need to shrink down some space by right-clicking on it and selecting the option to shrink volume. It will free the space to allocate and create a partition.
Step 3: As you can see the unallocated partition right-click on it and select the option new simple volume
- After tapping on the button a window will appear New simple volume wizard click next and enter the volume you wish to allocate to the new partition in MB.
- Be careful while allocating the space as 1024MB = 1 GB
Step 4: After that, you can choose the letter of your choice to give a name to the new partition.
Click next and leave the settings as default and click on finish.
That’s it your partition has been created successfully created.
- How to create a Folder without any name and icon in Windows OS?
- How to Create and Configure Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 10?
- How to Create a WiFi Hotspot in Windows 8 using Command-prompt?
- How to Create an Infinite Loop in Windows Batch File?
- How to Create a Desktop Shortcut in Windows?
- How to Create an Unnamed file in Windows?
- How to Create a New User in Windows 10?
- Useful CMD commands for daily use in Windows OS
- Uninstall Linux completely from a PC with Windows
- Zip files in Windows
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- How to mount windows drives in Ubuntu
- Setup GitLab Repository On Windows 10
- How To Use Bash Shell Natively On Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Stuck at "Updating Your System”
- Creating a Dual Boot System with Linux and Windows
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- How to use Emojis in Windows 10?
- Windows Shortcut Keys
- How to Change Colours in Command Prompt in Windows?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.