In modern web designs, the custom background has emerged as a popular design for the banner background. A custom background has an infinite number of designs. The design is purely based on one’s imagination and creativity. Some common examples of custom backgrounds include wavy background, skewed background, etc.
This article will show the approach used to create the Sawblade background as it’s bottom resembles that of a saw. It is also known as zig-zag pattern.
Approach: The approach is to first create a chain of small triangles at the bottom and then rotate them along the X-axis so that they form the blade-like appearance.
HTML Code: In the HTML section, the <div> element is created which will be used to hold the pattern.
CSS Code: The CSS can be defined using the following steps:
- Step 1: Provide a basic background color to the body.
- Step 2: Align the created div to the center with a different background color of choice.
- Step 3: Using the before selector, create a small chain of triangles by using the linear-gradient property with same degree but keeping one of them as negative.
- Step 4: Use the rotate() function to rotate the triangles on the X-axis.
Complete Code: In this section, we will combine the above two sections to make the custom banner background using HTML and CSS.
- How to create animated banner links using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create Custom Radio Button using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create custom arrows for your website using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create Wave Background using CSS ?
- How to Create a Wave Image for a Background using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create Skewed Background with hover effect using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create Gradient Background Animation using HTML and CSS ?
- How to create a skewed background using CSS ?
- How to create texture background using CSS ?
- How to create a sliding background effect using CSS ?
- How to create Chess pattern background using HTML and CSS ?
- How to add Announcement Banner in New Google Sites ?
- How to Create a Custom Image Magnifier using jQuery ?
- How to Create Custom Shape Button using SVG ?
- Difference between background and background-color
- Service Worker | How to create custom offline page ?
- How to Create Animated Background using CSS3 ?
- How to set multiple background images using CSS?
- How to give text or an image transparent background using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.