How to Create and Setup Spring Boot Project in Eclipse IDE?
Spring Boot is built on the top of the spring and contains all the features of spring. And is becoming a favorite of developers these days because of its rapid production-ready environment which enables the developers to directly focus on the logic instead of struggling with the configuration and setup. Spring Boot is a microservice-based framework and making a production-ready application in it takes very little time. Following are some of the features of Spring Boot:
- It allows avoiding heavy configuration of XML which is present in spring
- It provides easy maintenance and creation of REST endpoints
- It includes embedded Tomcat-server
- Deployment is very easy, war and jar files can be easily deployed in the tomcat server
For more information please refer to this article: Introduction to Spring Boot
- Install Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developer
- Create a Spring Boot Project in Spring Initializr
- Import Spring Boot Project in Eclipse IDE
- Search “maven” and choose Existing Maven Project
- Choose Next
- Click on the Browse button and select the extracted zip
- Click on the Finish button and we are done creating the Spring Boot project
Let us discuss these steps in detail alongside visual aids
Step 1: Install Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developer
Please refer to this article How to Install Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Development and install the Eclipse IDE.
Step 2: Create a Spring Boot Project in Spring Initializr
Go to this link and create a Spring Boot project. Please fill in all the details accordingly and at last click on the GENERATE button below. This will download your Spring Boot project in zip format. Now extract the folder into your local machine. For more details in Spring Initializr refer to this article: Spring Initializr
Step 3: Import Spring Boot Project in Eclipse IDE
Go to the Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developer > File > Import as shown in the below image.
Step 4: Search “maven” and choose Existing Maven Project and click on the Next button as shown in the below image.
Step 5: Now click on the Browse button and select the extracted zip file that has been generated.
Step 6. And at last click on the Finish button and we are done creating the Spring Boot project
By now, Spring Boot project has been created as depicted in the below media