A class is a user-defined blueprint or prototype from which objects are created. Class can be considered as a user-defined data type. Generally, a class contains data members known as attributes of the class and member functions that are used to modify the attributes of the class. But have you ever wondered how to define an empty class i.e a class without members and member functions?
In Python, if we write something like the following, it would raise a
File "gfg.py", line 5 ^ SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
In Python, to write an empty class
pass statement is used.
pass is a special statement in Python that does nothing. It only works as a dummy statement. However, objects of an empty class can also be created.
<__main__.Geeks object at 0x02B4A340>
Python also allows us to set the attributes of an object of an empty class. We can also set different attributes for different objects. See the following example for better understanding.
obj1 Details: Name: Nikhil Office: GeeksforGeeks obj2 Details: Name: Abhinav Office: GeeksforGeeks Phone: 1234567889
Traceback (most recent call last): File "gfg.py", line 34, in
print("Phone:", obj1.phone) AttributeError: 'Employee' object has no attribute 'phone'
- Create an empty file using Python
- Python | Create an empty text file with current date as its name
- How to create a list of object in Python class
- Python Tkinter | Create different shapes using Canvas class
- Python Tkinter | Create different type of lines using Canvas class
- Python program to create Bankaccount class with deposit, withdraw function
- Create empty dataframe in Pandas
- wxPython - Create empty window
- Wand - Create empty image with background
- How to create an empty DataFrame and append rows & columns to it in Pandas?
- Class Based Generic Views Django (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete)
- numpy.empty() in Python
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.empty
- Python Pytorch empty() method
- Python | Check whether a list is empty or not
- Python: Check if a directory is empty
- Python: Get List of all empty Directories
- Python | Empty String to None Conversion
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.empty
- Python | Check if dictionary is empty
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.