In this article, we will discuss how to create a text input box using PyGame.
Before initializing pygame library we need to install it. This library can be installed into the system by using pip tool that is provided by Python for its library installation. Pygame can be installed by writing these lines into the terminal.
We can install Pygame using command :
pip install pygame
Pygame can be used to create a text input box which will be explained step by step further in this article.
- Use pygame.init() which will initialize all imported modules.
- Set screen size.
- Set font of the text which user will type.
- Create a condition according to user key.
- Also, declare two variable which will contain color name which will be further used for input color.
- Also, store input in a variable to display on screen.
- Now draw rectangle and pass argument which should be on screen.
- Also, set the size of screen to be rendered.
- Use clock.tick() which means that for every second at most given frames should be passed.
|clock.tick()||It is used to refresh the frame in given second|
|pygame.exit()||It is used to quit game|
|pygame.init()||It is used to initialize all imported module|
|pygame.font.Font||Create a new Font object from a file|
|pygame.display.flip()||It will update only a portion of the screen to updated, not full area|
|screen.fill((r, g, b, a))||It will set the background color of the screen. The range is between 0 and 255.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course