How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress ?
Let’s say if we have a WordPress website and we want to add a feature from where they can contact with the queries which they have. We can do that by adding a contact form by using the WordPress plugin on the website. So this will give your visitors a way to reach you, when they need help or when they have something to share.
Let’s see how to create a contact form.
Create a Contact Form in 3 steps:
Step 1: Install a plugin in WordPress which helps in creating the form. So to install the plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Plugins option of Dashboard.
- Then click on Add New plugin.
- Search for Ninja forms in the search box. You can choose any contact plugin.
- Click on install and then activate on the searched plugin.
- And finally, the plugin has been installed.
- The new option will appear on your dashboard as Ninja Forms.
Step 2: Creating a form using the Ninja Forms plugin.
- So to create the form, click on the Ninja Forms option on the dashboard.
- You will see the default form in the Ninja form.
- Delete the default contact form by clicking on the setting option of the default form.
- Create a new form by clicking on the Add New button.
- Choose the Contact Us option from the following given options: Blank Form, Contact Us, Quote Request, Event Registration.
- When you click on it, your form will be created.
- A simple contact form will be created having fields like Name, Email, Message, and Submit button.
You can add more fields according to your need by selecting the Blank form option in the Ninja Forms plugin options.
Step 3: To add this form to our website, you should first create the contact page on your website then add the contact form to this page.
- Click on the pages and then Add New.
- Enter the page title “Contact Us“.
- To add form click on the Add Form option below the title.
- The pop-up will appear and choose the form which you have created in the Ninja Form.
- And then click “insert”, the form will be inserted into your page.
- Click on Publish button.
- And finally, view your Contact us page. Your form is ready to use.
This is how you can create a contact form in WordPress.