How to Create a Basic Project using MVT in Django ?
Prerequisite – Django Project MVT Structure
Assuming you have gone through the previous article. This article focuses on creating a basic project to render a template using MVT architecture. We will use MVT (Models, Views, Templates) to render data to a local server.
Create a basic Project:
- To initiate a project of Django on Your PC, open Terminal and Enter the following command
django-admin startproject projectName
- A New Folder with the name projectName will be created. To enter in the project using the terminal enter command
- Create a new file views.py inside the project folder where settings.py, urls.py and other files are stored and save the following code in it-
- Open urls.py inside project folder (projectName) and add your entry-
- Import hello_geek function from views.py file.
from projectName.views import hello_geeks
- Add an entry in url field inside url patterns-
- Now to run the server follow these steps-
- Open command prompt and change directory to env_site by this command-
$ cd env_site
- Go to Script directory inside env_site and activate virtual environment-
$ cd Script
- Return to the env_site directory and goto the project directory-
$ cd ..
$ cd geeks_site
- Start the server- Start the server by typing following command in cmd-
$ python manage.py runserver
- Checking – Open the browser and type this url-
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course