The month number can be converted into a month name by using PHP functions. There are two functions to convert the given month number into month name.
Method 1: Using mktime() function: The mktime() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to return the Unix timestamp for a date. The timestamp returns a long integer containing the number of seconds between the Unix Epoch (January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT) and the time specified. The hour, minute, second, month, day and year are sent as parameters to the mktime() function and it returns an integer Unix timestamp on success and False on error.
int mktime( $hour, $minute, $second, $month, $day, $year, $is_dst)
Method 2: Using DateTime::createFromFormat() function: The DateTime::createFromFormat() function is an inbuilt function in php which is used to parses a time string according to a specified format. This function accepts three parameters and returns new DateTime in success or false on failure.
DateTime::createFromFormat( $format, $time, $timezone )
- How to convert a string into number in PHP?
- p5.js | month() function
- HTML | <input type="month">
- HTML | DOM Input Month Object
- HTML | DOM Input Month value Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month name Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month min Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month max Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month autofocus Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month readOnly Property
- HTML | DOM Input Month step Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.