Strings in PHP can be converted to numbers (float / int / double) very easily. In most use cases, it won’t be required since PHP does implicit type conversion. There are many methods to convert string into number in PHP some of them are discussed below:
Method 1: Using number_format() Function. The number_format() function is used to convert string into a number. It returns the formatted number on success otherwise it gives E_WARNING on failure.
Method 2: Using type casting: Typecasting can directly convert a string into float, double or integer primitive type. This is the best way to convert a string into number without any function.
1000 1000.314 1000.314
Method 4: By adding 0 or by performing mathematical operations. The string number can also be converted into an integer or float by adding 0 with the string. In PHP, performing mathematical operations, the string is converted to an integer or float implicitly.
1000.314 1000.314 1000.414
- How to convert string into a number using AngularJS ?
- How to convert an array into object using stdClass() in PHP?
- How to convert XML file into array in PHP?
- How to convert an HTML element or document into image ?
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- Convert an image into Blur using HTML/CSS
- How to Convert HTML Table into Excel Spreadsheet using jQuery ?
- Convert emoji into text in Python
- Split a comma delimited string into an array in PHP
- How to convert string to boolean in PHP?
- How to convert number to month name in PHP?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.