How to connect to Telnet server from Node.js ?
In this article, we will see how to connect the Telnet server with Node.js application.
Telnet: The telnet is an application protocol over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) used on the internet or local area network to provide a bidirectional interactive text-oriented communication facility using a virtual terminal connection. Telnet is used to share a terminal with someone far from us. They provide lots of benefits like virtual terminals and real-time execution on command on the shared terminal. if you have more curious about the telnet refer to this article.
- Firstly declare the same global variable for further use.
- Import or require two modules for work with telnet server, first one is the net module the help to manage the network and the second one telnet-stream is used for establishing a connection with a telnet server.
- Initialize net socket object with IP and port number of the telnet server.
- Create a telnet client and connect this above socket.
- After connection, the socket listing some events is as close for if connections are closed and data for collecting data from the telnet server last but not a least do and will event to occur every new step in telnet server create a log.
Connect the Telnet server from Node.js
Step 1: Run the below command for initializing npm.
npm init -y
Note: -y is used for all settings are default.
Step 2: install some packages.
npm install telnet-stream
Note: telnet-stream is used to connect the telnet to our node application.
Step 3: Create a file with the below code. Here, the filename is index.js
Step 4: Run index.js file.
Output: Finally, you have connected your node application to telnet.