With the help of
methodName.__code__.replace() method, we can clone the code of builtin method as well as any other defined method and we can also fix the positional only arguments in any of the cloned method code by using
Return : Return the object of new cloned method with few positional only arguments.
To run the programs given below you have to install the latest version of Python i.e. Python 3.8.2 otherwise it will show the error like this.
AttributeError: ‘code’ object has no attribute ‘replace’.
Example #1 :
In this example we can see that by using
methodName.__code__.replace() method, we are able to clone the code of builtin methods as well as any defined method with the help of this method.
Example #2 :
- turtle.clone() function in Python
- How to Clone webpage Using pywebcopy in Python?
- Python - clone() function in wand library
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Issues with using C code in Python | Set 2
- Code introspection in Python
- Cryptophasia Code in Python
- Issues with using C code in Python | Set 1
- code.compile_command() in Python
- Code Golfing in Python
- Python code to convert SOP to POS
- Morse Code Translator In Python
- Debugging Python code using breakpoint() and pdb
- Optimization Tips for Python Code
- Different Python IDEs and Code Editors
- Top 10 Python IDE and Code Editors in 2020
- Execute a String of Code in Python
- Packaging and Publishing Python code
- Change your way to put logic in your code - Python
- How to run Python code on Google Colaboratory
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.