The HTML <hr> tag is used to insert a horizontal rule or a thematic break in an HTML page to divide or separate document sections.
The thickness of the hr tag can be set using height property in CSS. Minimum height can be 1px since the smallest unit available is 1 pixel.
Images can be added to make hr tag more beautiful in appearance.
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- How to change the height of br tag?
- How to Change the Style of <a> Tag Title Attribute ?
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- How to give a div tag 100% height of the browser window using CSS
- How to remove underline for anchors tag using CSS?
- Display div element on hovering over <a> tag using CSS
- How to change color of PNG image using CSS?
- How to change an input button image using CSS?
- How to change Input characters to Upper Case while typing using CSS/jQuery ?
- How to change the style of alert box using CSS ?
- How to Change the Position of Scrollbar using CSS ?
- How to change the color of selected text using CSS ?
- How to change the font-color of disabled input using CSS ?
- How to Create an Effect to Change Button Color using HTML and CSS ?
- How to change opacity of every data element on hover in a table using CSS ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.