In order to get the app published in stores like Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, etc or if you just want to personalize the app, the default icon can be changed.
We can change the icon of the Android App by using the Android Studio itself and by following the below steps:
Open your Android Studio project and make sure that your Project is of the type Android.If it is not Android then select Android from the drop-down list. This is not necessary but will make it easier to search for the files and directories needed.
Make sure that the image of the icon is already present on the computer.Find the path of the image. Here, the file named gfgLogo is present in our Downloads folder. If we can’t find an icon for our app and also are unable to design one, then we can look for them in Flaticon or Material.io. However we must note that the former has icons designed by other designers and we need to give attribution to the respective designer when using it.
Now once we have our icon at the desired location and we know the path, right click on the mipmap directory and then click on New and choose Image Asset from the drop-down menu. The order of actions would be:
mipmap(Right click) > New > Image Asset
Now the following window will open once we click on Image Asset:
Give the location to the image icon in Path under Source Asset. In our example, the Path is:
If required, the image can be resized using the Resize option or change the color of our logo by heading to the Background Layer option. Once all the required changes are made, we will click on the Next button and then on Finish and then the icon of the app will be changed!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Android | How to Change Toast font?
- How to change the color of Action Bar in an Android App?
- How to change Input Method Action Button in Android?
- How to change the Text Color of a Substring in android using SpannableString class?
- Android | How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio?
- Android | Android Application File Structure
- Android | AdMob Banner Ads for Android Studio
- Android | AdMob Interstitial Ads for Android Studio
- Android | How to Request permissions in Android Application?
- Android | How to add Radio Buttons in an Android Application?
- Default Methods In Java 8
- Default constructor in Java
- Default array values in Java
- Replace null values with default value in Java Map
- How does default virtual behavior differ in C++ and Java ?
- Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 2.0.1
- Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 3.2.4
- Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 3.2.1
- Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 3.2.6
- Difference between Android 1.1 and Android 2.3.5
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.