Python offers a wide range of libraries for plotting graphs and Matplotlib is one of them. Matplotlib is simple and easy to use a library that is used to create quality graphs. The pyplot library of matplotlib comprises commands and methods that makes matplotlib work like matlab. The pyplot module is used to set the graph labels, type of chart and the color of the chart. The following methods are used for the creation of graph and corresponding color change of the graph.
Syntax: matplotlib.pyplot.bar(x, height, width, bottom, align, **kwargs)
- x : sequence of scalers along the x axis
- height : sequence of scaler determining the height of bar ie y-axis
- width : width of each bar
- bottom : Used to specify the starting value along the Y axis.(Optional)
- align : alignment of the bar
- **kwargs : other parameters one of which is color which obviously specifies the color of the graph.
Return Value: Returns the graph plotted from the specified columns of the dataset.
In this article, we are using a dataset downloaded from kaggel.com for the examples given below. The dataset used represent countries against the number of confirmed covid-19 cases. The dataset can be downloaded from the given link:
Link to the dataset: Corona virus report
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.