How to change background color of Tkinter OptionMenu widget?
While creating GUI applications, there occur various instances in which you need to make selections among various options available. For making such choices, the Option Menu widget was introduced. In this article, we will be discussing the procedure of changing menu background color of Tkinter’s option Menu widget.
To achieve our required functionality a regular OptionMenu is first set up and then color is added and changed using config() method.
w = OptionMenu(app, #Options Menu widget name, “#Opton1”, “#Option2”, “#Option3”)
w.config(bg = “#Background Color of Options Menu”, fg=”#Text Color”)
- OptionMenu() is used to create a dropdown menu
- master: This parameter is used to represents the parent window.
- options: Contain the Menu values
- config() is used to set up the color change
- Import module
- Now, create a GUI app using tkinter
- Next, give a title to the app(optional).
- Then, create an Options Menu widget.
- Moreover, create the Displayed Options for Options Menu widget.
- Further, set the menu background color.
- Assign the text you want to appear when Options Menu is not open
- Set the background color of Displayed Options.
- Display the Options Menu widget in GUI
- Finally, make the loop for displaying the GUI app on the screen
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course